College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

A Wrench Got Thrown In The Works

Or a hammer, screwdriver, die grinder, whatever awkwardly shaped tool you desire to substitute. During the team meeting in Erlanger on Friday, my manager thought it would be a good idea for me to be a part of the Arc Welding Task Force- don't let the name or fancy acronym (AWTF) fool you, I am no superhero. So in short, I won't be able to stay in Michigan for the Super Bowl.

I'm still going to come up that weekend, but I'll be leaving around 2 or 3 Sunday afternoon instead of after the game. I haven't seen my friends in a while, and it'll be my parents' 23rd anniversary on the 6th of February, so hopefully I can take them out to breakfast or lunch before I leave.

Back to the AWTF for a little bit- Monday I'll be going to Princeton, Indiana for a couple days, then come back to Kentucky on Wednesday before leaving for Woodstock, Ontario for Thursday and Friday. And that whole week will be dedicated to analyzing welds produced by the different machinery at each plant.That may not sound as exciting as I hope it'll be, but it'll be cool to do a little traveling and get out of town for a little bit, check out the other plants.

5 more days, and then I'll be home, watching "The Jerk" and the Pistons with my best friends. Can't wait. Hope everyone has a good week.

3 Comments:

  • At 1/30/2006 06:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    whoever uses a fruit roll-up wraper as a headband is deff a super hero, hands down.


    ;)

    -Ash

     
  • At 1/30/2006 11:06:00 PM, Blogger JRumao said…

    well how about the heroes that use fruit by the foot wrappers? I have a bit bigger head than a fruit roll up wrapper would accomodate.

     
  • At 1/31/2006 09:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok dork, just like those stupid Elmer Fudge cookies, you know what I mean. Fruit by the foot, friut roll-up, lobster... same thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home