College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

8 Hours That Didn't Go To Waste

So today, I drove up to Erlanger to get my security badge for headquarters, came back to Georgetown, and worked the rest of the afternoon. And when I say work, I mean actual work. This might have been the first day in my three weeks at Toyota where I had real work to do. That's pretty much the only news in my life.

Before I came down here, I thought the co-op life would be pretty sweet. After all, all you do is just work 8 hours, and then you're free the rest of the day, right? Wrong-o. There's working out, grocery shopping, making dinner, getting ready for the next day, cleaning up your mess of a room, or just wanting to sleep. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind it down here, good money, good friends, good (fill in the blank).

Geez, I thought I had a lot to talk about, but apparently not. I've officially been to Buffalo Wild Wings here more in 3 weeks than I'd been in Michigan in all my life. We watched MSU lose to UM last night, which was more than disappointing.

I'll end it with a little story. Leaving Erlanger today, I stopped at the Wal-Mart to get a milkshake from McDonald's. You read right, a McDonald's inside the Wal-Mart. Anyway, at this McWal-Mart, you will find the kindest, nicest McDonald's employee in the world. I don't remember his name, but when I approached him at the counter, he was sitting on a stool, legs spread eagled on the counter top (try and visualize that, it's really off putting). Here's the ensuing dialogue, best as I remember:
McWal-Mart Employee: Hello there, what can I get for you?
Me: Um, can I get a medium chocolate milkshake?
McWal-Mart Employee: Well, they only come in one size, but you can definitely have that! That'll be--
Me: Oh, could I have a medium fry too?
McWal-Mart Employee: Sure, you can have anything you want, except for my girlfriend (he points to the wheelchair bound lady he was talking to before I came up).
Me: Oh, haha.
Now that I think of it, that wasn't that funny. I guess it was just the way he was sitting and his unfailing kindness that got me. Then again, his "girlfriend" asked him to speak with the manager, because he was "so wonderful." And that's the story of the nicest McDonald's employee in the world, nay, the universe. If you're ever in the area, here's the address of the McWal-Mart:

4999 Houston Road, Florence, KY

Seriously, that man changed my life. How often does that happen?

9 Comments:

  • At 1/28/2006 02:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are a wonderful and adorable guy, you should know that!

     
  • At 1/28/2006 07:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol canalmart.

     
  • At 1/28/2006 09:36:00 PM, Blogger JRumao said…

    adorable? i'm not a teddy bear, but i guess i'll take it. haha.

    and soon enough there will be actual can-almarts, but they won't have mcdonald'ses in them- it'll obviously be tim horton's. god knows they're everywhere.

     
  • At 1/28/2006 10:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    timmy's is the best place. the strawberry torte...ummmmmuuhhhaa. and u could go for the teddy bear look. you would be a hot teddy bear.

     
  • At 1/28/2006 11:52:00 PM, Blogger JRumao said…

    strawberry torte you say? never had it. and i'll just pretend you didn't call me a hot teddy bear.

     
  • At 1/29/2006 12:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It wasn't him/her who called you "adorable"... it was me! I just made the first comment and this one... and i didn't imply that ur a teddy bear. Just that your a very sweet guy... a sweet hot guy ;)
    Have a nice day!

     
  • At 1/29/2006 04:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i, melissa, was in no way affiliated with any teddy bear comments of any sort. and it looks like you're quite the chick magnet.

     
  • At 1/29/2006 06:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OH EM GEE U R HOTTIE.
    WHAT IS YOUR ADRESS? CAN I SEND YOU A LETTER?

    WRITE BACK SOON HUN

     
  • At 1/29/2006 08:24:00 PM, Blogger JRumao said…

    haha that's hilarious. see you in a week brian.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home