College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Cycle Times Are All The Rage

The second week of the Toyota experiment is coming to an end. And what are the results so far? Here's one- a Mechanical Engineering major can indeed go through 13 boxes of books, make a spreadsheet cataloging those books, and print out that very sheet. Those were the first 3 days of this week.

There's another thing I've learned: when you get an assignment, you might as well move as slow as you possibly can on it. Things will start picking up in the next month, and while I'm craving some work right now, I'll be complaining about soon.

As for good news, I finally got badge access to my department. For the past week and a half, I had to knock on the door and wait for someone to let me in. I still have to get my badge clearance for Toyota North America, in Erlanger, but that won't happen until February.

Other than work, things are going alright down here in Lexington. The weather's actually not much better than Michigan, which is a slight (huge) disappointment. The apartment's still missing some furniture, but why buy new stuff when it's just sitting at home?

Time to watch this Pistons game; I don't get many down here, so I'm going to take advantage of it.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home