College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Good Times

A wonderful Saturday morning to you all, from my makeshift Office Depot box credenza.

Last night was pretty fun, and I'm proud to announce that it didn't involve any vomit whatsoever. That's probably because I didn't drink, but I was still open to the possibility. We (a couple other MSU Toyota co-ops) got together last night and did some minor bar-hopping. I drove, because well, it's better that a sober person drive.

We went into downtown Lexington, which seems like a really cool place. It might not rival MSU in terms of bars per square foot, but the town's got it positives- plenty of parking, good atmosphere, wide variety of places to get wasted. We stopped at Rosebud first, which was a pretty nice bar. Lots of people and a wide age range, which I'm not necessarily complaining about. After hanging out there and meeting a few other people, we walked around, looking for another place.

Now even though I didn't drink last night, I just don't remember the names of the places we stopped at. I know we stopped at The Dame for a bit, which bills itself as "Lexington's Live Music Hall." It just so happened that when we went in, there was no live music. Go figure. After The Dame and a couple other places where the line was just too long, we ended up at Annabelle's, which seemed like a really mellow, yet classy place. After about 10 minutes, we got up and left, ready to check out the Waffle House.

And guess what? The Waffle House is not that impressive. You'd think they'd offer combo platters of waffles, scrambled eggs, and/or hash browns. Of course not. And while I give them props for some good waffles (then again, it was 1:30, and anything tastes good when you're hungry), I definitely wasn't satisfied with the Waffle House experience. I'll take Denny's or a Leo's Hungry Man #3 any day over that crap.

On the plus side (at least for you non-smokers), Lexington does not allow smoking inside any of its bars, which is great stuff, because there is nothing I hate more than coming home reeking of whatever it was the 43 year old spinster sitting next to me was smoking.

We're going to the Kentucky-South Carolina game today at 1, so that should be fun. Other than that, I've got some cleaning up and reading to do this weekend, which shouldn't be so fun. Especially when the book is a 174 page journey through the wonderful world of Arc Welding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home