College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Oh, Lexington

Got down here yesterday, after around a 6 hour drive. Once I got all my stuff unpacked and as situated as it could be, my parents said goodbye and left for Michigan. Keith had already been down here for more than a week, and luckily I didn't have to suffer through the lack of cable and internet.

It was my 21st birthday yesterday, but we didnt do much down here; I was feeling pretty tired after a long day, so we just went downtown and checked out the bars and clubs. We only went into one, and I'm pretty sure we won't be going to Gambino's anytime soon. It wasn't the kind of bar atmosphere I wanted to be in; sometimes you just want to go to a hole in the wall establishment. Apparently the place the be is the Two Keys Tavern, which we'll go to next weekend or something.

I've still got to go out and get some more stuff (we do need a kitchen table), but I don't know how much I'm going to get done today, with the football games and my general laziness.

I'm a little nervous about going into work tomorrow, but at the same time I'm excited. This is my chance to learn more than a few classes in school would teach me, and I'm living on my own. By the way, this apartment is nice. Once we actually make it look nice, maybe I'll put some pictures up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home