College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Maybe I'll Drive Up For The Super Bowl

I'd be lying if I said I was having the time of my life down here in Lexington. This being the first week of work, it's been kind of boring and uneventful. Today, my supervisor actually assigned me some stuff to do, so after walking around the plant floor for around an hour, I finally found the area he wanted me to check out. I'll be glad once I get an actual project to work on; for now, it seems that I'm just doing busy work, or the work that no one else wants to do.

Keith and I actually met some other co-ops today at lunch; not only were they co-ops, they also go to Michigan State. Small world. We ended up meeting up at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Spartans eventually beat Indiana, so that was cool.

This work thing is really starting to take its toll on me. I mean, working 8 hours a day has its perks, but then again, taking classes for an hour on, hour off, is also nice. Plus, I just miss the college environment. I miss talking to people my own age. At work, there's a few guys around my age, but everyone else is 10-20 years older than I am.

Two more days left in the week, and then I've got plenty of stuff to do for the weekend, not to mention the fact that my not celebrating my 21st birthday last Saturday doesn't sit too well with a couple of the co-ops. Uh oh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home