College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Great News....Now What Do I Do?

Well, I somehow managed to get one of the jobs at Toyota. And yes, I'm incredibly excited. Never in a million years did I think I would be selected for something as great as a co-op at Toyota.

As ecstatic as I am, I still don't know what to do. Obviously, 80% of me wants to take the job, live in another state for 6 months (possibly more), and have a great experience. But there's that 20% that says, "Play it safe, stay here, take your classes, be close to your friends and family." There's so many things I have to take care of if I do take the job: I have to find a way to pay the rent here while paying the rent wherever I end up living (sure, the parents will cover it, but that's a ridiculous burden), there's the question of moving everything and furniture and of course, classes. This co-op would put me at least a semester behind graduation, and I guess that's one of the big things. It'd be cool to graduate with the people I entered college with, but if that ends up not being the case, then so be it.

This is the opportunity of a lifetime, and I'd be stupid to pass it up... Right?

1 Comments:

  • At 10/29/2005 12:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on your internship!
    I'm sure you'll do great in whatever u do.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home