College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

It's Already the Weekend (Almost)

Yes, it is Thursday night. Go ahead, make your assumption that I'm a loser for staying in on a Thursday night. Unfortunately, I, unlike 85% of the students at this school, have class on Fridays. And there's an Econ review session in the morning I'll probably drag myself to.

This weekend has not got much in store for me, so far. There is the Phi Sigma Pi 5k on Saturday morning, which should be fun. I went for a run this evening after getting back from Stats, and honestly, it was probably one of the best runs I ever had. I never felt so strong, and I felt like I could have gone another few miles.

Besides the 5k, this weekend is going to be a cleanup weekend, a sports weekend, and a bit of a studying weekend. I've also got to continue learning about Toyota- the last thing I want to do is fly down there and look like an idiot when I have no idea what they're talking about. Check out their newest technology, the Hybrid Synergy Drive, currently being used in the Prius hybrid vehicles.

My priorities have definitely changed in the past few months. It only took me two years to realize that college is not a cakewalk, and that if I expect to do well, I've got to study a little bit. My family is still important to me, as are the few but strong relationships I have with my friends. As much as I'd like to have fun and enjoy the college experience, I've only got a year and a half left, two, tops. This is where we really start growing up and growing apart. I've got to start looking out for my best interests, regardless of the consequences. I've always been more mature than most people my age, but I was never more motivated. That's changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home