College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

What?

I'd been meaning to type something here for the past couple days, and I finally accidentally clicked on the Post button, so why not now?

Indiana, was....interesting. The 3 hour bus ride there was cool, but for the most part I just relaxed and managed to sleep in 15 minute spurts. After we got to the hotel and got something to eat, I decided to play the loner card and fly solo for the night. Sometimes I just want some time to myself, time to just relax, reflect, not have to worry about other people or anything else, for that matter.

The co-op day itself was just boring. So much food and too much walking combine to create a very tiring experience. I was pretty much dragging myself through the plant tour. Overall, pretty crappy co-op day, but I did manage to meet some new people who I wouldn't mind hanging out with while we're down here.

Today I had a Bid meeting with two vendors, the first real step in my Front Suspension project. I was so nervous through it all- I mean, I like talking, but to talk for 40 minutes in front of 9 other people about something you yourself just started learning about 3 weeks ago? Tough. I think it went well though, and I'm definitely looking forward to moving on with the project. The fact that Toyota has essentially given me $150,000 to carry this project out is a little scary. Part of me wants to just waste the money on cool robots that do nothing, but something tells me I'd never get to see those robots.

Josh and Andy are coming down tomorrow for the weekend, so that should be fun. It'll be cool having the guys down here, showing them around. Hopefully they have a good time. One more day of work and then I'll be free for two days. I can't believe how much I look forward to the weekends now. I barely have any free time on Saturdays and Sundays as it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home