College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

No Talking About Work

Seriously, there's no reason. It's just more of the same.

This past weekend was probably the most fun I've had down here yet. Josh and Andy came down, and Keith's friends Andrea, Renee, and Mary stopped on by too. Friday night we went to Austin City, this country bar out on New Circle. I didn't think I'd enjoy it that much, but I was wrong, once again. Great atmosphere, beautiful girls, and just an overall good time. We didn't get to sleep until around 4 or 4:30, but it was worth it.

Saturday was a pretty laid back day for the most part- watched the Spartans lose yet another Big Ten game to Illinois, played some football, enjoyed the elementary school playground, and then just relaxed until it was time to go out again. This time we went over to Rosebud and McCarthy's. It was cold as all hell, so that wasn't so much fun. McCarthy's was really packed, so we just left after an hour of hanging out there. Maybe it was longer, I don't really remember.

Some of us had a sleepover in the living room, since the apartment was so cold. Did it help? I'd say so. I was a lot warmer, even though certain people were blanket hogs. Ah well.

We did try building a tent indoors. It was going well at first, for not being able to throw those stakes in the ground.


But then we realized we needed those stakes, seeing as how the whole thing was falling apart.



Everyone was depressed at the fact that we had to take it down. Especially Keith. It really hit him hard. I don't think he was the same the rest of the weekend.


Sunday finally came around, and after a Waffle House breakfast, we came back and just passed the hell out. Great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home