College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Studious Monday

I've never spent more time studying a single subject than I did today. Economics alone is a pretty boring class, but add in a twist of Calculus and you've just got a twist of boredom.

Econ is probably my most worrisome final out of the four, but if I manage to 3.0 the class I'll be really surprised/pleased. It's important that I leave this semester with the best possible grades, since Toyota will be (I think?) requesting my transcript.

My parents called from India today; they're doing well, and everyone is excited and waiting for me and my brother to get there. It's going to be odd seeing cousins I've never met before, but I'm up for it. Travel is always fun, never hurts to broaden your borders and see what else is out there in the world.

I should already be asleep right now, as tomorrow only has more studying in store for me, but there's more than a few things gnawing away at my mind. Relationships never come easy, and you have to put in the time if you want to make it work. If that time isn't there, then what's the point? At times I've wished that I wasn't going to Kentucky next semester, all because of a girl. Hard to believe, I know. And the strange thing is I don't even know what she's thinking- I suck at reading girls. That's what happens when you have next to no experience in the department. The best thing I can do right now is push forward, focus on school, and worry about girls later on. I've learned my lesson, and that's the fact that a girl can just be a huge distraction, as I (and my grades) found out the first two years of college. Who would have thought that my mom would actually be right about that?

3 Comments:

  • At 12/13/2005 02:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    listen buddy, mothers always are right. as much as we'd like to think we know better, there is no escaping that fact.
    please keep this in mind as you continue your journey to the center of some girl's heart.

     
  • At 12/13/2005 10:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i think the man has something. im in shock.

     
  • At 12/13/2005 11:12:00 PM, Blogger JRumao said…

    As am I. But brian, i think you just commented for the sake of commenting. Haha but thanks for calling me buddy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home