College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

I'm Going To Kentucky

Erlanger, Kentucky, to be exact. And what is in Erlanger, you ask? I'll tell you what- Toyota's Operations and Planning Center, which I will be interviewing at in 2 weeks. This is honestly the best news I've had in the past 3 years. If I have a good interview with the managers from Indiana, San Antonio, and Erlanger, I'll be invited to co-op with them next semester. How cool would that be? Not only would I be getting out of East Lansing and Michigan for 5 months, I'd be getting great experience with a leading automotive company.

The talent recruiter in Erlanger called me today around 4:30, and after a brief 15 minute interview, invited me down to Kentucky on October 21. Flying was a possibility, but that was before I saw the prices for a roundtrip ticket to Cincinnati (anywhere from $400 to $1,000). I do not have that kind of money- maybe if I was guaranteed a job, I'd fly, but this is an interview, no matter how promising it may seem. So instead of flying, I'm going to make a road trip out of it. Erlanger is only 20 miles south of Cincy, which from what I've heard is a great city. I'll leave Thursday evening, skip stats, get a hotel for the night, meet with the Toyota folks Friday morning, hang out all Friday, and get back Friday night or even Saturday morning.

It's a halfway decent time to be me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home