College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Wednesday Was Slightly Better

Granted, it's only 11 and there's still an hour left where everything could go wrong and ruin my title, but I doubt it.

I've finally come to terms with a couple things:
  1. I'm short. There's no way around it, and if I lose out on something because of it, I'm better off. I don't need shallow people around me, and like I always say, it could be worse. At least I'm healthy and semi-good looking.
  2. As Jim Carrey's character Joel says in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind,
    "Why do I fall in love with every woman I see who shows me the least bit of attention?"
    Now, I don't fall in love, I think enamored is more the term. It's not like cute girls talk to me all the time, and so when one does, I have no idea how to handle it. It's completely foreign to me. I guess I've just got to deal with that fact.
I got an email from the kind folks at GM, inviting me to go on to round 2 of their interview process. As much as I'd like to work in another state for Toyota, there's some things holding me back. If I were to start working for Toyota next semester, it'd be the chance of a lifetime, that's for sure. And apparently I have a great shot; there are 10 people being interviewed for 6 spots. I'm obviously going to try my hardest to get one of these spots, but if I don't, I won't be completely disappointed. GM would just be better timing wise, as I wouldn't have to sacrifice paying for an apartment I'm not even living in.

I guess we'll see. All I know is that things are on the up and up, and as long as I stay positive and motivated, there's no reason it can't continue.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home