College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Friday, October 07, 2005

I Realize I'm Only Writing This For Myself

-> A duck on the Red Cedar
------------------------------------------------------------------
And that's fine, I've got a terrible memory and writing/typing out the stuff that happens to me won't let me forget it as easily.

I'm home for the weekend, for the first time in more than a month. Last year at this time, I would've already been home 3 or 4 times. Ridiculous, I know. This time around, it feels weird to be home, like I'm a guest in my own bedroom. But at the same time, coming home is refreshing, it lets me get away from however little drama may be in my life.

This whole interview thing has given me a new level of confidence, and I'm not afraid to take risks anymore. What do I have to lose? Nothing, but I've got plenty to gain. Right now, girls are the least of my worries, yet there's one right now I just can't let go of. I've got two choices: 1) Lay it on the line, tell her how I really feel, or 2) Suppress it, hope the feeling goes away, and move on.

I'm debating whether to cut my hair to its usual short almost-buzz cut, or grow it out a bit. With the cold months coming up, it'd make sense to grow it out. But since when I do anything that makes sense? The answer is never.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home