College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Home Is A Comfortable Bore

Today was pretty much a family day- after checking out a few stores, I went over to Northville and Farmington Hills to visit with some family, including an aunt who is my biggest supporter and by far the hardest working woman I have ever known. I admire the hell out of her.

And I guess it's beginning now- everyone in the family asking me if I have a girlfriend, or anyone in particular that I care about. And my answer's the same: "I'm tired of it, I don't want to force things to happen, and if something does, well then, great." Geez, 21 is still a few months off, why the rush about girls? The family gossip well must be running dry.

Quick shot here: Ben Lee, "Catch My Disease." Good song, very catchy.

They're really making progress on the Canton IKEA. The bright blue sheeting went up, and wow, is that an eyesore. It really manages to stick out, but I guess that's the point. I'm not looking forward to all the traffic that's going to come through town. I read in the paper that the Bolingbrook, Ill. grand opening had over 20,000 people on the first day-- and that's with the larger IKEA 40 miles away in Schaumberg. I don't even want to think about how many are going to show up here.

Part of me still doesn't believe this whole Toyota thing is happening. I'm just waiting for it to get pulled from underneath me. I mean, God forbid it, but it just doesn't seem like I should be the one getting this job. I couldn't have been the most qualified. Ha, who knows.

Hard to believe October's pretty much over. Few more weeks til Thanksgiving, and after that, only a few weeks until I leave for India for a week. I'm really looking forward to that, I haven't been there since 4th grade. So many cousins I have never met. Can't wait.

1 Comments:

  • At 10/30/2005 01:01:00 AM, Blogger chicken soup. said…

    dear sir,

    it seems as though we share similar musical tastes, meaning, the decembersits are the shit -- not to be misaken for being "shit."

    additionaly, i'm envious of the fact that you're getting wisped away to india. i'm heading over out of the country this summer, and i can hardly wait. :)

    anyway, thanks for the read, and the comment!

    ps, i haven't heard that track yet, but i will in good time.

    - juanita

     

Post a Comment

<< Home