College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Lucky = Break Even

After the first quarter of the Pistons game last night, Josh and I made a quick run up to Kroger for more of those delicious donuts. I swear, they lace them with crack or something, because between the two of us, we've eaten like 10 or 12 of those boxes in the past 3 weeks.

On the way out, I saw the instant ticket machine- I had been feeling lucky all day for some reason, so I decided to get one of the $1 tickets. As lucky as I may have felt, all I did was get $1.00 3 straight times. I'll take a break-even and buy another ticket, why the hell not? Would've been nice to win a little bit more, but oh well.

This apartment search thing in Kentucky is getting a little hectic. They don't have any furnished apartments available, so we're probably going to end up renting some furniture, because I don't feel like dragging a couch and desk and other crap 340 miles. Hopefully everything works out smoothly.

And it's becoming more apparent that I most likely won't be able to celebrate my 21st birthday up here; I start working on the 9th, and the 7th is a Saturday. I want to be here with the few friends I have, not down in Lexington. I'll have to save the celebration for another weekend I guess.

Well, seeing as how I skipped my programming lecture this morning, I'm going to try and be productive the rest of the day. Probably not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home