College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Hell, It's Only 1am, Why Not Post Now?

I was going to wait til tomorrow morning, but I'm wide awake. After spending almost 7 hours downtown today, I can absolutely say that I will never, ever, pay to see the Detroit Lions play football again. What a pathetic excuse for a National Football League franchise. The Thanksgiving Day game used to mean something, it used to be a showdown between a somewhat competitive Lions squad and a pretty evenly matched opponent.

The past two Thanksgiving Day games have seen the Lions score just one touchdown and 3 field goals. The Colts scored 41 points last year, and the Falcons scored 27 this year. The defense completely fell apart, as did the offensive line. There's no way I can blame Joey Harrington for this loss, he had no time to throw the ball. Now, Jeff Garcia didn't help by throwing a few ill-advised passes to Falcons defensive backs, so he's to blame a bit. Enough of the Lions rant, bottom line is they suck, and since we can't fire the $5 million man Matt Millen, we have to get rid of Mariucci and our entire offensive line. Seriously.

Spending time with the family was pretty nice; it had been a while since all of the cousins had been together- most everyone had matured in some aspect, so it was weird having the conversations we had without any eyes rolling or shifting. I think I definitely took for granted the fact that we always saw each other when we were younger, and now that we're all getting older and moving away and apart, we're learning to appreciate our family even more. At least that's just me, I can't speak for the rest.

My brother, however, is still the same. That's a good or bad thing, depending on how, and if, you know my brother. I miss the days when we were younger and he was quiet and humble- now that's he's a college freshman, his attitude has taken a complete 180, and he's probably one of the most arrogant, self-absorbed people I know. But, I guess it's working for him and he's fitting right in at Michigan, so good for him. I wish nothing but the best for him, and I know he'll be successful when he's older, but right now he's just hard to deal with.

This is much too long an entry, and if any of the people that read this are like me, they won't even make it to this part. Flibbity flobbity. The Great Wall is an illusion. Goose feathers make wonderful socks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home