College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Not A Bad Weekend

Sure, we didn't get to go to any bars this weekend, and hey, maybe the weather was a little cold. I still had a good time this weekend. What a difference talking to the right people makes.

I finally went outside for a run today, just 2 miles, but wow, did it feel good. It's nice running around Lexington because it's hilly, so there's always a good challenge. I can't wait to get back to running outdoors 5-6 days a week.

I don't want to work tomorrow. If it's anything like last week, it's going to be a complete waste of time. Last week was probably the most unproductive 5 days of my life at Toyota.

I think I'm going to see if I can get a transfer to the Technical Center in Ann Arbor for the summer. Only bad thing about that is I wouldn't really get any vacation, which could hurt the road trip plans we've got. So forget the Tech Center, I'll just find a job somewhere else. Josh and I were talking about getting a landscaping job. I wouldn't mind working outdoors, doing some manual labor. Never hurt anybody.

I'm coming back to Michigan for Easter, and that's that. I haven't told my supervisor yet, but he won't mind, I'm sure. Taking Friday and Monday off are ideal, but I'll be happy with just Monday off. We'll see. Have a good week.

2 Comments:

  • At 3/26/2006 11:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Only bad thing about that is I wouldn't really get any vacation, which could hurt the road trip plans we've got. So forget the Tech Center, I'll just find a job somewhere else.

    Hmm, I guess road trips are more important than career preparation.

     
  • At 3/27/2006 08:10:00 PM, Blogger JRumao said…

    uh, yes, of course. but seriously, i wouldn't mind getting a job at the Tech Center, but I think I would have had to apply the way everyone else did, I don't think I could just get transferred. I'll be coming back to Kentucky next summer anyway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home