College...The Five Year Way

My junior year at Michigan State University, filled with stories, rants, and advice about the college experience at a 40,000 student campus. My f1rst year can be read about at http://f1rstyear.blogspot.com.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Quite A Turnaround

This week ended pretty nicely, I'm fairly surprised. Today was a beautiful 75 degrees, so I just hung out by the pool and finally got in. The water was a little cold, but I think it was the taste that threw me off more than anything. I really don't think I should've gone in the pool. Oops.

I'm still a little angry about how work has gone this past week. Just by taking two days off for Easter, I've been all but given the shaft by my supervisors. It seems that I'm no longer the project leader for my front suspension modifications. The project manager assigned to design and fabricate my modifications doesn't communicate with me, but instead the other two people on my team. Basically, if I had to draw a progress curve of how this term has gone, it'd be like a rollercoaster, but a really boring one. Up, Up, Up, Steady, Down, Down, Down, Down, Down, Down (Really long drop, think Millennium Force), Down, Down, Down, Down. And now I'm just waiting to hit the brick wall at the end of this ride. A little over two more months and I'm done here. I doubt I'll be coming back, unless this ends up being my only option. My supervisors lack communication skills of any kind, and it's impossible to get anything done with no leadership.

Tomorrow, there'll be some more relaxing by the pool, then we're going to go tailgate at Keeneland, and watch some races. Should be a fun end to a nice weekend.

I don't think I'll be living at home at all this summer; I'll be done here at the end of June, and our lease in East Lansing starts in July. I'd rather just move up there immediately and relax for two months. I'm already looking forward to the pool parties and barbecues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home